Cape Fear Center for Inquiry welcomes applications from all interested parents and members of the community. Board seats are filled annually. As such, applications are accepted year-round for seats opening the following school year.
The CFCI board meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 6:00-8:00 PM. In addition to monthly meeting participation; each board member serves on one or more CFCI Committees. Committee meetings are held monthly and typically meet at 3:30 PM after dismissal.
CFCI Committees include:
- Policy and Procedure: Develop and review CFCI policies while ensuring compliance with North Carolina State mandates
- Development: Create and lead fundraising, marketing and strategic planning goals
- Finance: Analysis and recommendation of CFCI budgets and finance
- Technology: Review and identify student technology needs and capabilities
- Lifelong Learning: Provide support and guidance in research and design of professional development strategies