Cultivating Curiosity since 2000.
The Cape Fear Center for Inquiry (CFCI) is one of the longest-operating public charter schools in Wilmington, NC. We are fortunate to have dedicated teachers and support personnel working with our students. Their care and commitment make all the difference. Parent/family involvement plays a large role in making each school year a fun and rewarding learning experience! In short, CFCI is wonderful, caring community providing a well-rounded education to our students – both inside and outside of the classroom.
Inquiry Is A Rigorous Discovery Process Driven By Curriculum And Curiosity That Requires Exploration, Analysis And Problem-Solving.
At CFCI, we believe that the whole child is more important than any single factor. We recognize physical, intellectual, emotional and social development as integral parts of each child’s growth and learning process.
- Focus on student inquiry because we believe that all children have an innate sense of wonder.
- Design and provide hands-on, integrated and exciting learning experiences- through classroom and field experiences- because children learn best when they are actively engaged in making personally meaningful connections.
- Are committed to a small student-teacher ratio because this is the best way to create communities of learners.
- Nurture our students to be independent, lifelong learners by increasing responsibility for their learning,
- Appreciate diversity among learners because we value the uniqueness of each child.
- Actively prepare our students to become effective communicators, critical thinkers and creative problem solvers because problem solving is a natural part of everyday life.
- Implement a comprehensive social curriculum because children learn best in a safe and caring environment where every child is respected and valued.
- Rely on mutual support of home, school and community. Communication and family involvement are vital to ensuring student growth. We agree that nurturing and educating children are monumental tasks that require collaborative efforts.