Instructions for How Remote Learning Works in 8th Grade
- Each morning you should log into Google Classroom’s Advisory to see a message or question from us. Like usual, you will have a journal prompt that you need to complete. This will be a way for us to take “attendance”.
- In Google Classroom, check in Math, Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies to see the work posted for the day. Check all four classes for instructions before 9:00 so that if you have questions, you can email us during our morning office hours for clarification (9:00-10:00).
- Begin working on any subject and move through the day’s work. You can use the schedule we provided to keep yourself on track.
- If you have questions/ suggestions throughout the day, get those to us by 3 PM so that we can answer you during our afternoon office hours.
- Grades will be given on some for completion of assignments and other grades will be given based on accuracy.
- The goal is to finish work each day. We do understand that schedules may change so the hard deadline for the week’s work is Sunday afternoon by 5 PM.
**This is all new territory so we may need to change things as the days progress. We know you will do your best work!
Teacher Office Hours
All Teachers 9:00-10:00
Mr. Hart 3:00-4:00
Mr. Echavarria 11:00-12:00
Ms. Carr 3:00-4:00
Office Hours means that the particular teacher will be available to respond to emails during that hour. That will be the primary means of communication during this time and students and parents can expect a fairly rapid response time.
Parents and Students,
This is our suggestion of a daily schedule to help you make sure you are balancing your academics and movements throughout the day. Please do not feel you have to follow it, so long as all the work is being completed daily. Our office hours are during the above set hours, morning and afternoon.
Parents, we are also recommending that you actively login in with your child to Google Classroom for the first few days or as needed throughout to assist them daily. It may even be beneficial to download the app on your phone and sign in with your child’s school email account. It will be our main source of communication with students. We will communicate via email to you as we have always done in the past. However the newsletter will not be the main source of information until further notice. Please be sure to check your emails daily, that means you too, students.
The Middle Grades Team
Remote Learning Daily Schedule
8:30-9:30 Login and review days assignments/Advisory check-in
9:00-10:00 Office Hours (Teachers available to contact “live” via email)
8:30-10:00 Academic Time
10:00-10:30 Movement break/ snack/ fresh air
10:30-11:30 Academic Time
12:00-1:00 Academic Time
1:00-2:00 Recess/Exercise/PE/Outside time
3:00-4:00 Afternoon Office hours
Mr. E’s Class
This is the outline for the 7/8 Geometry project during this time. Pieces will be added daily in classroom.