Cape Fear Center for Inquiry is a public K-8 charter school and is currently seeking a dedicated and energetic special education teacher to join our team. Our teachers act as positive role models and provide the highest quality of education. Please apply if you would like to contribute to creating a safe, nurturing, caring atmosphere for our students at Cape Fear Center for Inquiry.
The ideal candidate will:
· Demonstrate an ability to form and maintain positive, nurturing relationships with students by building trust and supporting competencies through interest and active engagement
· Demonstrate an understanding of child development relevant to the age group of the students
· Work as part of a team to identify strategies to meet student needs.
· Work collaboratively with school personnel and be able to communicate effectively
· Design and implement an appropriate curriculum for all content areas for special education students while providing necessary accommodations and modifications to the curriculum.
· Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to differentiate instruction for diverse learners.
· Assess student’s performance levels, learning styles, strengths and weaknesses, and develop appropriate goals and objectives.
· Measure and evaluate student progress.
· Participate in the IEP process.
QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate will:
· Have a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Special Education and certification in a Middle School content area
· Have at least 2 years of successful classroom teaching experience to include working with children with special needs
· Have experience working with students with developmental delays, behavior disabilities and learning delays
· Be a strong classroom manager.
· Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
· Have a track record of being a community minded team player.
· Excellent time-management skills and ability to work independently.
· Adherence to a high level of professional and ethical standards.
HOURS : Full time, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
SALARY : Based on NC Teacher Salary Schedule plus New Hanover County supplement, years experience and certification
BENEFITS : State Health Plan, State Retirement Plan, paid Sick Leave and Annual Leave
TERM : August 15, 2017 through June 12, 2018
CFCI follows the NC Common Core Curriculum. Teachers are also be expected to take on all normal duties, such as planning, parent communication, report cards, student evaluations, morning and dismissal duty, attending meetings, committees, and other activities.
If you are interested, please download an application at the link below this description. Once complete, the application can be faxed; 910-362-0048 or emailed (contact info. is on our website), or mailed to Jennifer Solomon, Human Resources Coordinator. Applications can also be delivered to CFCI at the address on the application. Deadline for applications is May 19, 2017. Candidates must have a completed application on file by May 19, 2017 in order to be considered. If you have any questions, email Jennifer Solomon (contact info. is on our website).
Please click on the link below for an application for employment at CFCI:
Please contact Jennifer Solomon, HR Coordinator with any questions about CFCI Employment Opportunities.
email@example.com; 910-362-0000 ext. 210